Tuesday, February 18, 2020

A Coach's Job Is Never Done


A lot of coaches don't really sleep. When they finally stop watching film, stop analyzing the last practice, stop preparing for the next practice, and stop looking at their budgets, and grades, and fundraising, they close their eyes and that is when the thoughts just don't stop.
- I should have done this ...
- I should have done that ...
- Could I have done this better?
- I should have done that better ...
- I hope __________ knows I love them and just want what's best for them ...
- I hope that _________ knows that I care about their son/daughter and I just want what's best for their kid ...
We close our eyes at night, but it's hard to get to sleep and to stay asleep. We never stop thinking about the game and our kids.
And the crazy part is, we never stop thinking about them and caring about them and worrying about them when they are gone.
If you have a coach that cares for your athlete and invests in them, thank them and appreciate them. If they can help your child grow as a person and an athlete, hold on to them. The special ones just aren't everywhere.

14 comments:

  1. So True... Sometimes players, disciples or followers don’t see that in their coaches or leaders. Everyone need to learn more on this matter. πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  2. So True, I thank Melissa, Art, and Macho!! for everything they do for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that describes you perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids have been extremely fortunate to have an amazing coach Zerrick Vriseno! I swear he is one of a kind! Extremely dedicated, the care and love he has for his athletes is amazing! He works extremely hard to get them to there goal setting, encourages them in every form or way! I will always appreciate what he has done for my kids and what amazing athletes he has turned them into!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its true. I hope athletes could understand we are trying to raise a bud to be blom.
    Parents could understand the meaning of the Sport.
    πŸ”₯🀘🏾🐢

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is great! Thank you for sharing this! Good coaches are underappreciated for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true. Thank you for this. Coaching is the best. Fee lucky to have the opportunity to do so for both of my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son is the Head Coach at Canton McKinley High School. I know his heart is in it and he gives his all nonstop. To see someone care in the capacity that he does is a blessing to witness. He reminds me, there are people who care about others and not just themselves. I pray people realize coaching is more a service than it is a job. Thank you coaches for being there for so many children. Blessings to you always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. tell that to my superintendent Dr Bob Shaps Mamaroneck, who is willing tp pay us 35% of our spring coaches salary..for coaching players all year long, 15 weeks of pre- season{indoor workouts,weight room}coaching meetings,cpr/first aid cert,4 weeks early morning running, talking to colleges coaches for our better players,did 30 clubs over a 5 month period to raise money for trip to Florida to play in Battle of Beach, planned trip,booked 38 plane tickets, 6 nights of hotels in different cities, 4 vans, and a cargo van{different rent a car}, paid 500 entry fee for tournament, did away game pants had numbers put on their pants, had xmas in march gave every kids 7 differnt items, backpacks,jackets long sleeves , t shirts, batting gloves,aand had double sessions whole first week, did cuts, roster,schedule for team, assistant coaches, paid for fundraising sweatshirts,long sleaves and t-shirt, had them all printed Mamaroneck logos,since were home text my players a couple times a week, had a NY Times article written on coaching through pandemic, did a zoom interview cable 12 on keeping my team interested and working hard, long toss, bullpens and BP..and did a webinar about keeping out teens in New York focused through pandemic for Hospital for Special surgery!! Been slacking our coaching staff should be getting paid...committement to our players for spring break, memorial day, every weekend, and till 7 pm at night weekdays,hope we get back May 15 ready to coach my butt off Coach Chap

    ReplyDelete