Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What Is Your Role As A Leader

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, then you are a leader."

I met with a high school principal to talk about his role on his campus.  We had a great conversation about a million different topics, but what stood out to me the most is how he viewed his role as the campus leader.  He said that his most important role was to grow the assistant principals under him so that they could all one day be campus leaders.  He said that in everything that he does, he is looking at how he can help them grow as leaders.  In the process, he is getting the most out of the leadership on his campus, improving his organization.  

As a leader, it will always be my goal to figure out the goals, ambitions, and potential of everybody that I work with and help them to become the best version of themselves.  Whether its trying to teach my point guard leadership skills that will help them run an organization one day or its trying to help my assistant coaches develop into head coaches one day, a major responsibility for me as a leader will forever be to develop those under me to be leaders and to be the best version of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment