Mindset Mondays: Trevor Moawad — Neutral Thinking
Trevor Moawad, a mental conditioning coach who worked with elite athletes and coaches, taught a powerful idea called Neutral Thinking.
Most people think in positive or negative terms. When something goes wrong, we often tell ourselves, “I’m terrible at this,” or “Everything is falling apart.” We may try to counter those thoughts with forced positivity: “Everything is going to be great!”
Moawad believed there was another option: neutrality.
Neutral thinking means separating what happened from what you think it means. Instead of judging the situation, acknowledge the reality and focus on what comes next.
You miss a shot: “I missed the shot. What do I need to do next?”
You make a mistake at work: “That didn't go the way I wanted. What can I learn and do differently?”
You have a bad day: “Today was tough. Tomorrow is another opportunity.”
Neutral thinking isn't pretending everything is okay. It's refusing to make a difficult moment worse with your own thoughts.
The past is information, not a prediction.
When things go wrong, don't waste energy asking, “Why does this always happen to me?”
Ask, “What is true right now, and what can I do about it?”
You don't have to always think positively. You have to think clearly.
Comments
Post a Comment